Part Time: Reports to Program Coordinator and Program Manager. 15-25 hours a week, with opportunities for growth. Tuesdays are a required work day. Applications accepted until position is filled.
CATA seeks a highly motivated, organized individual ready to make a difference at our innovative, award-winning arts organization. As CATA’s Program Associate, you will apply your talents to support CATA’s dynamic mission of art and inclusion. You are detail-oriented and have a strong interest in the arts and in CATA’s mission. Reporting to the Program Coordinator and Program Manager, you will:
• Help coordinate a robust series of arts workshops for 700 artists with disabilities, working closely with CATA’s faculty to schedule appointments; secure program assessments and documentation; manage timesheets; create a program database and maintain organized records.
• Support program senior staff across a range of responsibilities, including maintaining master calendar of workshops.
• Assist in curating, installing, and coordinating art exhibits at local museums and galleries, including creating pricelists, labels and signage.
• Help lead back-to-back CATAdirect workshops on Tuesdays including setting up stations, welcoming artists, assigning tasks, teaching technique, communicating expectations, and clean up. Assist in research and product development, sourcing materials and supplies; communicate with vendors.
• Document CATA’s work through written reports and photographs to be used in evaluations, print materials, and grants.
• Plan and coordinate CATA’s public programs in collaboration with colleagues, and participate hands-on at events themselves.
• Manage art supply inventory and oversee studio organization, cleaning and upkeep. Other duties as assigned including filing, database entry, and modest schlepping.
• College Degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent computer skills. Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and other essential systems, especially MS Word, Excel, and Google Docs
• Ability to work independently and as a team member with ease in interacting with a variety of people
• Initiative, and strong attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and shift direction when needed.
• Experience with art education and/or arts administration a plus.
• Must have reliable transportation to Great Barrington, MA
How To Apply:
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to Kara@CATAarts.org and indicate your name and “Program Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.