CATA employs highly skilled visual and performing artists who are intuitive teachers that can translate their creative process and practice to our core workshop model, Arts In / Arts Out.
CATA Teaching Artists work throughout Berkshire and Columbia counties serving over 800 artists with disabilities through 1,500 workshops annually. Workshops take place in residential settings, day programs, high-schools, dance studios, and community centers throughout our region, as well as in our Great Barrington studio.
CATA invites qualified local teaching artists to apply to join our faculty roster. Applications will be reviewed periodically by CATA staff, with new faculty being chosen based on the applicant’s qualifications and our areas of need.
• A generous rate for compensation
• Travel reimbursement stipend for round trip travel that exceeds 42 miles
• Reimbursement towards professional development
• Invitations to special events and programs
Faculty Artist Responsibilities
• Develop a cohesive series of workshops (workshops are weekly, one hour classes, with at least 8 workshops per series)
• Attend annual faculty retreat
• Able to identify learning objectives and goals
• Plan and lead classes as related to CATA’s annual theme
• Evaluate and refine classes to meet the need of CATA artists with disabilities
• Determine and communicate the materials needed for your workshops
• Communicate with CATA Staff/Administration
• Collaborate with other instructors
• Set-up and clean up
• Working artist in your specified field
• Excellent time management skills
• Several years of teaching experience
• Ability to adapt and modify learning experiences for all abilities
• An empathetic and intuitive personality
• Willing to travel throughout Berkshire County, MA and Columbia County, NY
• Reliable transportation
Acceptance to the CATA Roster does not guarantee employment. When CATA has opportunities for growth, the roster will serve as our primary source for new faculty.
To apply, fill out the below form.